Rule engine – Another way to debug the rule engine
I was experiencing an unreported error when I was trying to dynamically call a BizTalk 2006 rules policy in C# code. The policy ran and gave me no exception information and was annoying me to no end!
It turns out the issue had to do with facts and namespaces. I didn’t discover this, however, until I learned from the link above how to put a debug trace into the policy so it would tell me what was going on.
Here’s a snippet:
TypedXmlDocument typedResult = new TypedXmlDocument(“ValidationResult”, validationResult);
TypedXmlDocument typedTransaction = new TypedXmlDocument(“Transaction”, transaction);
System.Collections.ArrayList FactList = new System.Collections.ArrayList();
DebugTrackingInterceptor debug = new DebugTrackingInterceptor(@”D:\trace.txt”);
Policy rulePolicy = new Policy(“ValidateTransaction”);